Monday 3 February 2014

All work and all play

As previously promised, here is a visual (and audible) recap of what I've been making in the last month. For the second time on this blog, this post gives thanks to Bimal Rana and contains some images of his amazing. I had the best time installing with Bimal, Chris Shaw and Sam Blackwood - their work looked fantastic and it was great riffing ideas off each other.

The work I exhibited in SIA Gallery was titled as follows:

I'm no Frida Kahlo (two glass topped plinths containing a jar, flour and a foil survival blanket)
Safety Recordings II (audio recording, approx. 20 mins, to be played through headphones)

The images I've included show the set-up of the work (and some of the guys' work as well) and how I altered my plans around what materials to use. I shall say no more - just have a look.

Oh, I also included the entire sound recording further down.











A section of Bimal Rana's installation - pretty awesome.




We turned the guys' projector around, onto my plinths. Just to see. 





Nice seeing you x

No comments:

Post a Comment